Thursday, November 16, 2006

Chevy


Wottapud Chevrolet is our chocolate and white border collie whom I bought from the other side of Australia, I want to breed from him and use him as a sheep dog. He is seven months old and a real drama. Chevy has had a broken leg and with his cast on he was bitten by a white tail spider which caused a huge sore under his cast. We happened to be away at the time so my mother in law who was looking after the dogs while we were away noticed something wasn't right so she drove two hours to the vets who found the wound under the cast. What happened next was a leg saving operation, four more visits to the vets and everything looks fine, leg saved.


The last few days Chevy has been limping and holding the leg up and it sticks out to the side. I don't know what is wrong with it but I'm not impressed.


I had planned on getting a female border collie next year for breeding and as a sheep dog but with my luck I think I had better not get anymore dogs.


Molly our English Staffy only has three legs, when we first moved to the farm my father in law accidentally ran her over and broke it, so a two hour mercy dash to the vet at 9pm on a Saturday night during a storm. Our road out was closed due to flooding so we had to take the long way out. She has only had three legs for a year and a half now and she never misses a beat.


So we nearly had two three legged dogs........

No comments: