Monday, November 13, 2006

In the begining

I probably should have started this when we first moved to the farm but better late than never. DP was a fitter and the workshop supervisor at the mining maintenance company we both worked for, I did job costing in the office. Damon proposed on a beach in Phuket then we got married in Dunborough WA and moved to the farm. His parents have been farming in the south of wa for about 27 years. They purchased the farm behind them for us to live.

Well what a shock. I thought I would adjust well and I suppose I did, I just didn't realise how isolated it was. 60kms to the nearest small town and a two hour drive to the major town for groceries and what have you. First of all we had to get the house up to scratch to live in so my mother in law and I spent all our days painting, sanding, more painting and you would be amazed at how much a coat of paint can change a room.

Just three months into our marriage we discovered we were already pregnant, we had planned it, just didn't expect it to happen in the first month. Nine months later HP arrived by emergency cesarean. HP is now 8 months old.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

Hi Tara,

It is so interesting - you are a very brave woman.
Hope you are enjoying it.